The Black British Company Awards, now in its seventh year, has announced its 2020 finalists representing some of the country’s best black expertise throughout a assortment of industries.
Introduced in Britain in 2014, the awards aim to celebrate and recognise “the often unsung contributions of fantastic black company experts and entrepreneurs” in arts and media, consumer and luxurious, entrepreneurs, economical providers, qualified providers, and STEM (science, technologies, engineering and maths).
The finalists this year have been picked not only for their personalized and qualified achievements, but from the tumultuous backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic and the resurgence of the Black Life Issue movement.
Melanie Eusebe and Sophie Chandauka, co-founders termed this year’s finalists “some of the most determined and progressive black leaders in the Uk”.
“What specially shines by way of is the selection of professions from a founder of a groundbreaking equine diet program to a guide publisher and controlling administrators at major economical companies. These fantastic men and women must be really very pleased of their achievements, they are inspiring the upcoming era of black expertise to problem conference and comply with in their footsteps.”
The Telegraph is a media spouse for the awards, the primary sponsors for which include JP Morgan, Barclays, Baker McKenzie, Bloomberg, Fb, Fortnum and Mason, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo.
The winners for just about every group will be announced during a electronic awards ceremony on October 2.
Arts & Media Mounting Star
- Magdalene Abraha – Publisher at Jacaranda Guides
- Malakaï Sargeant – Director of Theatre Peckham
- Nnena Nwakodo – Producer at Bartle Bogle Hegarty
Arts & Media Leader of the Year
- Anthony Andrews – Co-founder and Resourceful Director of We Are Parable
- Denise Maxwell – Director and Guide Photographer at Lensi Photography
- Gail Babb – Lecturer and Deputy Director of BA Overall performance at Goldsmith College
Shopper & Luxury Mounting Star
- Iré Hassan-Odukale – Taking care of Director at Ikoyi
- Rachael Corson and Joycelyn Mate – Co-founders of Afrocenchix
- Sarah-Jane Bampoe-Addo – Senior Software Supervisor at Amazon
Shopper & Luxury Leader of the Year
- Brandie Deignan – Taking care of Director at Marco Pierre White Places to eat
- Nigel and Victoria Ogunniyi – Co-founders of FAVOUR Catering and Gatherings
- Sandra Murphy – Founder of Equidiet Uk Ltd